Smile Partners provides preventive Oral Health Services, including dental cleaning, screening, sealants and fluoride, plus oral health education and dentist referrals, to low-income children in the Puget Sound area, through portable and mobile clinics which bring professional dental hygiene teams into schools.
Who We Are...
Since 2004, Smile Partners' dental hygiene teams have been providing oral screenings, fluoride varnish applications, cleanings, sealants, referrals and oral hygiene instruction to disadvantaged children in preschools and elementary schools throughout out the Puget Sound area.
In 2015, we served more than 10,000 young patients in over 100 schools where at least half the students receive free and reduced school lunches (FRL). Free or reduced school lunch enrollment rates are a federal designation that provide a key indicator of the extreme low-income status of the students at a school.
Often the rate of FRL enrollment in this low-income program is much higher than our target, with a range of 60 – 95 percent and an average of 80 percent of students in low-income status.
For the 2017-18 school year, Smile Partners will be working in Auburn, Federal Way, Highline, Tukwila, Seattle, Bremerton, Belfair, Everett, Mukilteo, Arlington, Marysville and Edmonds for our elementary and pre-school clinics.
Our Board of Directors
We are fortunate to have diverse experienced board members. They include, from left to right:
- Alison Inkley, retired Nurse of Seattle school district - Board Secretary
- Helena Lincoln, DDS, Ph.D, PS - Board Member
- Linda Cannon, retired civil service - Board Co-Vice Chair
- Pat Roe, Budget Analyst with Seattle Public Schools - Board Treasurer
- Latashia Bergan, Registered Dental Hygienist, MBAc - Board Co Vice Chair
- Peter Harris, retired Legislative Analyst - Board Chair
- Bridget Doyle, Assistant Director UW-IT -Board Member.